Are you a qualified nurse looking to enter the exciting field of cosmetic medicine? Look no further than Grayclay International College of Health's 52852WA Graduate Diploma of Cosmetic Nursing and Injectables! This postgraduate course is specifically designed to equip you with the knowledge and practical skills needed to succeed in this dynamic industry.
As a nationally accredited course, the 52852WA Graduate Diploma of Cosmetic Nursing and Injectables covers a range of dermal therapies, Laser applications, cosmetic injectable procedures, and cosmetic nursing duties. And for those looking to specialize in dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxants, the unit 'CDNEIP02 Evaluate and perform cosmetic injectable procedures' provides the first nationally accredited training on the theory and practical skills needed to excel in this area.
With an expected industry growth of 26% by 2030 (Australia Facial Injectable Market Size, Share Report, 2030 (grandviewresearch.com) Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to advance your career in a growing industry.
This qualification is recognised on the AQF as a level 8 Graduate Diploma
- Must be a Registered or enrolled/division 2 nurse
- Current registration through AHPRA
- Please note: If you graduated prior to 2008, you MUST hold a current medications endorsement
- Enrolled/Div. 2 nurses are now required to meet additional requirements for course entry. Please click here for important information from AHPRA.
|Full Time||Part Time||Single Unit Mode|
|5 x 10 week terms, includes 3 weeks break between each term||9 x 10 week term, includes 3 weeks break between each term||Up to 3 years to complete the qualification|
|Live Stream Lectures - 14 hours per week, includes unit support Tutorials.||Live Stream Lectures - 7 hours per week, includes unit support Tutorials.||Live Stream Lectures - 6 hours per week, includes unit support Tutorials.|
|In addition approx. 6 hours per unit of self guided study is required.||In addition approx. 6 hours per unit of self guided study is required.||In addition approx. 6 hours per unit of self guided study is required.|
Practical Training Attendance:
9 day block of dermal practical training in White Rooms student clinics
4 day block for clinical competencies in Cosmetic Injectables in White Rooms student clinics
Study Modes - Live Streamed lectures providing real-time interaction and learning support
Practical training – Located at 1 Short Street Southport Gold Coast
College Terms and Fee Schedules
Use arrows to scroll through to FEE INFORMATION
- General fee-paying Fees
- Vet Student Loans Fees
- International Student Fees
Unit Code and Title:
CDNERT02 - Analyse epidermal resurfacing therapies
CDNTLBT02 - Analyse light and energy-based therapies used in cosmetic medicine / Laser Safety Certificate
CDNCAS01 - Apply communication and assessment strategies to patient consultation
CDNPDD02 - Apply principles of dermatology and dermatoscopy to cosmetic medicine
CDNEFC02 - Evaluate the use and formulation of cosmeceuticals
HLTINF005 - Maintain infection prevention for skin penetration treatments (Theory component)
CDNESP02 - Evaluate surgical cosmetic procedures
CDNEIP02 - Evaluate and perform cosmetic injectable procedures
CDNIHD01 - Integrate health and dermatology for aesthetic practice
Unit Code and Title:
CDNPLT01 - Provide laser and light-based procedures in a cosmetic medical context
CDNPCP02 - Provide chemical resurfacing procedures in a cosmetic medical context
CDNPCM02 - Provide clinical microdermabrasion in a cosmetic medical context
CDNPSN02 - Provide skin needling in a cosmetic medical context
CDNEIP02 - Evaluate and perform cosmetic injectable procedures
- Performing clinical microdermabrasion treatments levels 1 to 3
- Performing a range of light-based therapies including laser, infrared, and intense pulsed light (requirements to meet QLD Radiation and Health licensing criteria)
- Performing skin needling treatments (needle length greater than 1mm)
- Performing a range of chemical peeling treatments (TCA, Jessners and unbuffered AHAs)
- Performing cosmetic injectables procedures (non-permanent dermal fillers and neurotoxins) under medical supervision
- Performing pre-operative patient assessment
- Assisting the cosmetic doctor/surgeon with non-surgical and surgical cosmetic procedures
- Advising patients about cosmetic surgical and non-surgical treatment options
- Advising patients about topical cosmeceutical and pharmaceutical options
- Conducting face, body and skin assessment
- Perform a comprehensive analysis of facial and body characteristics to assess a patient’s needs in relation to cosmetic and dermal therapy
- Performing administration and management tasks applicable to the cosmetic medical practice or day hospital.
January, April, July and October See the college calendar for semester dates
|Live Streamed lectures provide real-time interaction and learning support||Practical training - White Rooms Clinics, Grayclay 1 Short Street, Southport Gold Coast|
POST GRAD CLINICAL EXPERIENCE PROGRAM
Are you looking for a competitive edge in your future career in cosmetic dermal science? Look no further than Grayclay's optional Graduate Clinical Experience Program! This program is designed explicitly for the Grayclay Graduate to give you additional experience in practicing your skills and managing your workday, preparing you for success in the field. With placement opportunities at "White Rooms Clinics" and the choice between a 40 or 80-hour block, you'll gain practical experience and confidence in your abilities. Best of all, this placement is entirely free!
RETURN TO LEARN
At Grayclay, our commitment to your success doesn't end when you complete your studies. We understand that continuing education and skills refreshment are essential to staying ahead in the industry, which is why we offer our unique "Return to Learn" program at no cost to our graduates. If at any time you feel like you could benefit from a refresher on a unit or practical competency, simply contact us to join the program. We're here to support you every step of the way on your journey to a successful and fulfilling career in cosmetic dermal science.
Joining the Grayclay College Alumni is more than just a networking opportunity - it's a chance to become part of a community of like-minded individuals who are passionate about the field of cosmetic dermal science. As a member of our alumni, you'll have access to a range of exclusive benefits, including ongoing professional development opportunities, industry insights, and networking events.
- Eligible to join the Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine’s Cosmetic Nursing membership category.
- Eligible to join AMET (Aesthetic Medical Emergency Team) for aesthetic and injectables support available 24/7
- Eligible to join the AIBC (Aesthetic and Beauty Industry Council)
- LASER LICENCING QUEENSLAND – Complete this course and you will be eligible for “FAST TRACK” Class 4 Laser Licencing Queensland Radiation Health
Students studying as either online or on-campus fee-paying students will be required to enter into a direct debit arrangement for the duration of their study, making weekly payments, if their fees are greater than the required deposit of $1500.00.
Fees will vary depending upon the chosen course and study load. You can choose to enroll as a full-time, part-time, and even per unit student at some training divisions, depending on your work, family, and financial commitments.
VET Student Loans
VET Student Loans is an Australian Government loan scheme that assists eligible students to pay their tuition fees for certain eligible courses listed on the Approved Course List and undertaken at approved course providers. It allows students to borrow funds up to the cap set for their chosen course of study and up to their FEE-HELP limit to help pay for part or all of their tuition fees.
Students who access VET Student Loans assistance will have a loan from the Commonwealth who will, on the student’s behalf, pay their tuition fees to their approved VET provider up to the capped amount.
Fee support and tax deductions
Student and/or Personal Loans
Most banks offer student loans at fairly competitive rates to students studying Nationally Accredited courses. For a comparison between student loans, please visit: http://www.finder.com.au/student-loans
Contact the Australian Taxation Office or a qualified accountant to assist you with accurate and appropriate information regarding tax deductions associated with the study.
DOWNLOAD COURSE GUIDE
Enter your details below to receive your course guide, which contains information about pricing, study options, admissions criteria and start dates.